Roses,,

Roses,,

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My thoughts..

I had been watching Anderson Cooper and his reports straight from Japan. And the magnitude of the destruction is overwhelming. The USGS upgraded the earthquake from an 8.9 to a 9.0 that to me is the equivalent to the finger of GOD. At that moment no human being has the ability to stop such a catastrophic event. Don't get me wrong I do no believe that this was caused by God himself, its an act of nature and wether people want to believe or not it's biblical . If you read Mathew 24  starting on verse 4 and on but specially Mathew 24:7- 9.
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
   9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

You will find that the bible foreshadows these events, My mother keeps telling me, we all need to pray and humble ourselves to God and ask for protection.

  And I know that there are a lot of people who do not believe in Religion or in a Higher Being and just the mere mention of prayer evokes in them anger. But what if there is a God and what if a Prayer or two would keep the rest of the world out of harms way, maybe we won't be able to stop bad things like this from happening... but maybe just maybe our prayers were heard and God would have mercy and would intervene.

I don't want to insult anyone and I respect every ones beliefs , and if you choose to believe in GOD or not, I just have one thing to say prayers wether or not they are heard by God if he does or does not exist, wouldn't it be better to pray and let them go to waste then not pray and wonder if there was something that we could have done to help ourselves and others. Wouldn't you want to take a leap of faith and use them. I know that if I was in danger and someone told me that I can do something to try to save myself, I would do it! If I die I die.. but If there is a chance to save my life, I would take it. I wouldn't just die with out trying. That is what a prayer is to me, a CHANCE.

There are many things that we can not predict or even stop, I live in Sunny California and I am aware that the San Andreas Fault runs under neath my LA LA Land and we have more than 300 faults beneath Southern California. And God forbid it, but maybe one day that Fault will cause a major tremor that will cause major damage, well I pray that GOD takes care of us and finds mercy and keeps us from such a catastrophe. We are getting ready with Non perishables, need to stock up on water and batteries and a couple of flash lights. Things that I never give a second thought of buying. But seeing Japan and its people in such a horrible situation , brings that close to home and maybe It can't be stopped , but I can prepare for it and pray for safety and strenght.

No comments:

Post a Comment