Roses,,

Roses,,

Monday, May 30, 2011

Awesome Long weekend with Cactus and the Beach!!

On the importance of Family... As a child I remember always wanting a large family. I always longed for older brothers and sisters and I dreamed of having big family dinners. I would imagine how Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners would be. I also imagine a Table filled with family. But that was only a dream and It never really manifested. My family is pretty small My parents , brother, nephew and niece and my Boyfriend. As a child my brother and I didn't have your typical Family and we didn't have many family customs. As an adult I find myself working extra hard to make family time really special and important for my nephews. On Fridays we have Movie night and we watch a special movie and get to eat snacks.. the healthy and not so healthy mostly spicy chips. As well as Play time with my Nephew D. On the weekend is our special time.. we call it our Quality Time and we do fun things, such as our favorites , the Swimming pool , the Beach, the Park , exploring and catching the latest movie. Sundays we have a special meeting with Jesus . As I mentioned before we have this time set in stone and won't change it for no one.

This long weekend was FUN!!! and we saw Cactus on out trip - this is what my nephew wanted me to say. We spent time with friends , on Saturday night we camped out in Holly's living room and fed the squirels from her balcony. And on Sunday night we had BBQ and sat in front of a Fire pit and roasted marshmallows. This was something new to me and I thank my friend Wendy for inviting us to her home and welcoming us into her family. We had a blast trying and making Smores for the very first time (for Me)  and catching up and talking about camping and watching the stars.  As I write this entry my nephew is sitting next to me and is telling me his favorite part of the weekend which was Malibu, sitting watching the waves and eating fruit while appreciating the wonders of God.

To hear this puts a smile on my face, because when I was growing up, I hated long weekends . They were filed with problems and alcohol as well as Domestic Violence. While the other kids spoke about the camping and the out of town trips... I dreaded the idea of being stuck home for 3 days while my parents went at it. So I am so happy to see that I am able to help my nephews have those super awesome weekends that I always dreamed of as a child.

So on behalf of Myself and my Nephew D  we thank God for Friends and super awesome weekends and We pray that every one that reads this post is blessed with family and Love.

xoxo Liz and D  May God grant you all a Super Blessed week =D

No comments:

Post a Comment