Roses,,

Roses,,

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Test,Trials and Tribulations

I have heard many people say to one another that when things are tough and rough it is God who is testing you. I have also heard that God doesn't Test us and he also doesn't plague us with illnesses. So my question is well why do bad things happen to so many People. Mind you I did not say "Good People" because goodness is subjective and I wanted to be more general. I personally know what is it to go through some difficult times and I also know that the God that I serve would never plague me with so many afflictions. I also know that he would not test me by striking my loved one with an illness. So I really get bothered when I hear people say that when something bad is happening to you, it is God who is sending it your way. I do not believe that is the case.
For example I think of it this way, I have my mother and I know that she would never test me that way. So why would God be any meaner than we humans. Why if my mother or father are incapable of doing something to hurt me on purpose. why should I believe that the God that I have learned about the one who gave his only begotten son, so that whom ever believes in him should not perish but have ever lasting life... why would he punish me specially with an illness. The Bible states that Jesus died on the cross and he took with him all sin, illness and iniquity. So why am I going to sit here an believe that now God all of a sudden changed his mind and is striking with a fury.

I learned from my Grandmother that bad things happen to good people, and I also learned from her that God was not to blame. Through her trials and tribulations to the last minute of her life, in pain and in despair she clinged to her faith in a Loving God and made peace when her life was extinguishing at the ripe age of 50.  Never did I hear her blame God for her suffering, instead she focus on giving me her most valuable possession, her faith.She made sure I learned this passage from the bible, She believed it encompassed Gods' Love, Power, Blessings and Mercy for all of us.

The Psalms 91
Abiding in the Shadow of the Almighty



1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD,
He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side,
and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge,
even the Most High, thy habitation;
10 there shall no evil befall thee,
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, Mt. 4.6 · Lk. 4.10
to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Mt. 4.6 · Lk. 4.11
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Lk. 10.19
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him,
and show him my salvation.


So with this I close and tell you that when we are going thru a tough time and we don't see a way out call upon the name of He who loves you and he will answer, and believe that He is not to blame for the pain we are going through. Illnesses and Pain have no meaning and God never intended for us to live with them. He has given us Authority in the Name of his son JESUS to overcome and destroy them.

 In faith Liz xxoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment